Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Vegas, the Alamo, and new gear.


 Good Morning and Happy New Year!  This is my first official post since setting this blog up.  Amy and I spent the first half of the holiday vacation in Las Vegas, my son is there with my ex-wife.  We had a great time but I was only able to get one run in.  I ran a little over 7 miles the morning after we arrived, it was a loop up Paradise Blvd and back down Las Vegas Blvd.  It was awesome to run the strip but it sucked once I had to start running up and down stairs at the pedestrian bridges.  We also visited the Sin City Brewing Co bar in the Miracle Mile Shops a couple of times, they have some pretty good local brews and awesome bartenders.  To close out the trip on Xmas night, Amy and I had our 2nd annual Beer Pong match, she got the best of me this year.  We had to play this one at db's since O'Sheas is being renovated. 

 
 Saturday morning we laced the running shoes back up and played tourist in San Antonio for the River City Run.  It is a medium paced running tour downtown that has frequent stops and the tour guides (Tommy and Tina) give a brief history at each stop.  I highly recommend it for anyone that lives in or visits San Antonio.  Check out their site here http://www.rivercityrunsa.com/home.htm


 Finally, I ordered some new gear with the gift cards I got for Christmas.  I am expecting my new Garmin Forerunner 405 in the next day or so.  I mainly wanted to upgrade to get wireless sync and heart rate monitoring for my interval runs.  I also ordered a pair of the Brooks Trance 12.  I previously used the Trance 10 and currently use the Trance 11, so I am looking forward to this years model.  They were backordered but should arrive before leaving for vacation in Key West.

 Oh, I did my final run of 2012 late afternoon on New Years Eve.  I was able to get the 9 I needed to hit 700 for the year, which is more than triple what I had in 2011.  I would love to triple 700 in 2013!





0 comments:

Post a Comment